Monday 16 February 2015

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Collection & Prep+Prime Lip Base thoughts!


Today my MAC order finally arrived! I had been waiting for this collection for a long time and it was finally released in the UK on the 12th of February! I'm a big fan of Miley Cyrus and I love that whilst buying Viva Glam products you are also helping towards the MAC Aids Fund. I knew that I just had to buy both the lipglass and lipstick, and WOW they really are fantastic colours. 


 Absolutely stunning packaging and colour co-ordination!

The lipstick is a gorgeous cool toned hot pink, which is very vibrant on. I found when applied over the MAC Prep+Prime lip base it is not drying at all. The worst thing about lipstick is the drying or flaking of the lips! I was not sure initially if the lipstick shade would suit my skin tone, however I just had to buy it! I do not regret my impulsive buy though, it is a surprisingly flattering shade which goes on very well. 


Next up is the MAC Viva Glam lipglass in the collection, a shimmery pink. Miley reportedly designed this lipglass so younger teens could wear something from the collection without looking OTT. The lipglass is sheer but the pink glitter within it gives the lips a light shimmer, perfect for everyday events. When paired with the lipstick it looks divine, creating a heavily pigmented shimmery hot pink lipglossy look, a more fun but sexy image. I can imagine I shall be pairing the two alot in the coming summer!


Left-Lipglass, Middle-Lipstick & Lipglass, Right-Lipstick

So along with this little purchase I also decided to buy the Prep+Prime Lip Base. I had waited for ages for the conditioning lip tube to come back in stock on the MAC website, so instead I took a chance on this! 



It goes on clear, and smells like the usual vanilla-y scent all MAC lip products seem to carry. Within 30 seconds or so it becomes tacky, which is the ideal moment to apply your lipstick. I suffer with badly dry lips normally, so it makes wearing matte or any lipsticks for that matter very hard! But with this tube I can really notice a difference in how my lips feel, that usual crusty and flaky feeling is absent for a few hours longer. Many blogs described this product as an over-priced glorified stick of lip balm, I do not agree with this as I normally use lip balm under my lipsticks and they're still dry as!

I am very happy with my recent purchases, my next plan of action being to hunt down an affordable bargain lip liner to match this new lipstick! All to be revealed in my next post... 


MAC Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipstick currently retails for £15.50, MAC Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipglass at £14.50 and MAC Prep+Prime lip base at £13

Available from MAC and Debenhams.


2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Infinity Dreams award I hope you can take part :)
    http://missapplecrumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/infinity-dreams-award.html
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete