Tuesday 24 February 2015

Mahogany lips! MAC Paramount lipstick and Mahogany liner!


Today I'm looking at the mahogany, reddish/orange/brown lip trend. Being somewhat olive toned I adore rocking a reddy brown lip, finding such bright reds like MAC's Ruby Woo too much for my skin. So a little trip to my local MAC counter solved my dilemma... a wine (ish?) red lip colour that suits me far better...

 Tadaaaa I present you Paramount!

I love the satin lipsticks, as they are less drying than the matte finishes. I cannot stand the flaky old man lips matte gives me within an hour or two! Paramount is a gorgeous, sophisticated shade that could compliment most skin tones. It's sexy colouring would mean it would look absolutely fabulous with a tan in the summer.

I find when used with a liner it lasts most of the day without needing much of a touch up, the liner stopping it from bleeding from the lips. The MAC counter assistant recommended I pick Mahogany to compliment Paramount... she was not wrong at all! 



 A beautiful match!!


The liner perfectly compliments the lipstick, giving me the opportunity to fill in my whole lips before applying the lipstick so there is even colour throughout. Although the lipstick is not as drying as some it is recommended that you prime your lips prior to application, I personally would use MAC Prep+Prime lip base or the conditioning tube they sell (which has been out of stock for what seems like months!!! AH MAC!!! :( )

So... What do I think? If you are unsure of rocking the classic red lip but still want the seductive reddish lips, try the alternate... Paramount. The shade is perfect for casual and formal, play it down or dress up the eyes to complete the look! One thing for certain, I would only recommend this lip look if you buy the liner, without it I do not feel like the lip would look polished or neat enough (majorly important with a stand out colour like this).

MAC Paramount lipstick and Mahogany lip liner retail at MAC, House of Fraser, Selfridges, Debenhams (etc etc) for £15.50 and £12.50.



2 comments:

  1. I really want to try out the mahogany lip pencil! I want to go out of my comfort zone and think getting it might encourage me to go further x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need it! I love wearing it sometimes just on its own during the day, or with some lip gloss over the top. I adore browns and orange toned lipsticks (so underrated!)

      Delete