Saturday 21 February 2015

Benefit Skincare Moisture Prep Toning Lotion and Foamingly Clean Facial Wash review


I love pampering myself, and there's nothing better than rewarding not only yourself but your skin! I am forever umming and arrhing over whether to buy the Clinique skincare set which is so highly raved about. But after trying the Benefit mini skincare kit I managed to pick out my two keen favourites from the set and buy the full size versions...


 

 And so, I bought the Foamingly Clean facial wash and Moisture Prep toning lotion! Now at £17.50 for 127.5g of facial wash and £23.50 for 177.4 ml of toning lotion it works out quite expensive. But I figured hey you have to live with your skin, therefore it is worth the money!


Foamingly Clean has a beautiful fresh scent to it, immediately drawing me in! Paired with its quite little cork effect screw lid and retro packaging it is a sweet thing to display in the bathroom. I have generally sensitive skin so am wary of what I use on it, this was gentle yet deep cleansing. I felt fresh faced and relaxed after using this before bed. I found it effective in removing most left over make-up (bar the thick They're Real mascara!), the cool water working in partner with the facial wash to make my skin feel youthful and clean.


Moisture Prep toning lotion was the gold among the cave. This product really stood out to me in the set of minis, its thick luxurious consistency was unlike many other cheaper toners which are heavily watered down. Again, the smell is absolutely divine! I go to bed smiling at the beautiful scent my face is giving off. The soothing aloe leaf extracts cool down and fresh the skin even more, leaving me feeling as cool as a cucumber, fresh as a daisy! Such a little amount is needed for the face, making the bottle last for ages as its thick, meaning although initially seeming expensive you get a lot. The quality sure isn't neglected due to Benefit's generous quantity of product!

Left - Foamingly Clean,      Right - Moisture Prep

So what do I think? I am a convert to Benefit's skincare range! I absolutely love love love the toning lotion to pieces, and whilst I do like the facial wash it compares no where near close to the toner. I would like to expand to purchase the full-size Total Moisture cream to go with the two, but at £28.50 I cannot see this happening in the likely future!

Foamingly Clean and Moisture Prep are available at Benefit, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Boots... Retailing at £17.50 and £23.50.

4 comments:

  1. The packaging alone would get me I think! I love Benefit products though! X

    Sparkles & silk on my blog if anyone's interested! --
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the packaging is to die for! What's even better is the scent of the products!

      Delete
  2. sounds great! plus, the packaging is super cute!
    following you on bloglovin', hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the whole range due to the cute packaging!!

      Delete