Thursday 5 March 2015

What's in my daily make-up bag?


Hi all! So today I thought I'd show you the essential products I like to use on a day to day basis. Most people could agree with me that its completely normal to buy more make-up than you need, hence having products grouped into day and occasion wear. I like to think of these as my staple products that I get along with the best and are reliable. 


Complexion and face products:


Smashbox Photo Finish (sample)


I really like this primer, and I tend to absolutely hate wearing a primer under my foundation normally! I like how it doesn't feel heavy or weird and silicone-y (I'm looking at you Pore-fessional!). I pretty much gave up on primers ever since buying Benefit's Pore-Fessional, I really ought to have tried a sample before going ahead and impulse buying the tube (sigh). I reckon the full size Photo Finish will be one of my near future purchases.

L'oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Redness £9.99


I picked this up in Superdrug last week, taking advantage of the 3 for 2 deal (does it ever end?). I suffer from bad red patches on my face during the colder/pale months, which is thankfully not as bad as bas as an acne problem, but nevertheless inconvenient... So I decided to give this a go. I honestly like this product, despite everyone claiming it turns them orange and doesn't work. I think it works well with my colouring since it does not look orange at all, but dramatically neutralises my face by counter-acting the redness with green tones. I like to use this as an everyday/light make-up look when I have 9am lectures or seminars. It's very moisturising and lightweight, I would recommend this for light coverage.

L'oreal Paris True Match Foundation in C2 £9.99


Okay, my female family members back at home have not stopped raving about L'oreal True Match foundation. I recently got fed up and bored of my old faithful Revlon Colourstay and had initially planned to get PhotoReady... However, I decided to make the most of the L'oreal deal and purchase 2 different shades of this foundation (C2 and C3), the colours really work well with my skin and don't go patchy after a few hours (unlike Colourstay).  I really enjoy trying different foundations without breaking the bank and buying higher end ones; my skin colour changes too much from winter to summer. I like to use a flat top kabuki brush to apply it, giving a good finish and blend.

MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Medium Tan £23


  
I'm not too sure about the new packaging! I hadn't bought a MSF for a while now, mainly using MAC's Studio Sculpt Defining Powder instead. I figured I'd give the funky reformulated and packaged MSF another go... (BTW, the huge magnet on the clunky lid of the compact is so strong and annoying). 

Powder is vital for my foundation to last long, especially around my T-zone which can get quite oily if I'm out all day. Putting powder on my face makes my foundation feel less dewy and more refined and matte, which I prefer (I hate dewy!). I apply this with my kabuki brush, making sure I can get it worked well into the corners of my nose an near my eye bridge.

Benefit Fake Up in Medium (sample)

I've recently started using this as my go-to concealer, turning a cold shoulder to all my other concealers. I love how it seamlessly blends into my face, covering any redness around my nose and the odd spot very well. I wouldn't use it under my eyes due to the hydrating balm around the concealer centre. I never really got along with it before, so it is surprising that I've been shunning all my other concealers over it.

Benefit Puff Off £22.50


After receiving this today I am hooked! I love the cooling metal iron along with the soothing cream. The packaging is even cuter in front of me than online! I reckon this will become a sure staple in my bag, pairing it with my CC cream to give me a slightly less zombie appearance at 9am lectures. 

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel £32


Everyone needs this in their life! I've tried dupes and nothing comes near to this baby! It's an amazing product, and very long lasting (I've had this for quite a while now). I gives a subtle but healthy looking glow without coming off tacky and orange. I use this on my cheeks and forehead to prep my face before my bronzer, ensuring flawless blending ;)

MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze £21


I know I say 'You need this!', but seriously.., YOU NEED THIS. I have repurchased this bronzer time after time after time. It's such an underrated product, the highly pigmentted matte bronzer is a must! I love the glow and definition it gives me face, meaning it comes everywhere with me! An angled brush like MAC's 168 is great for apply this.

MAC Powder Blush in Fleur Power £18


Opting for bronzer over blush means I don't normally like a too powerful bold cheek. This is perfect for everyday/subtle wear which gives some colour but not a definite give away that you're wearing blusher at all. I reserve blushes like Benefit's Bella Bamba and Coralista for holidays and the summer months normally. I like to apply a light brushing of this on the apples of my cheeks by using MAC's 187 brush.

Benefit Watt's Up! £24.50


 I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered my first Watt's Up (that's a sign of how many of these I've got through!). The champagne coloured highlighter is very effective I find, the creamy-ness meaning the product blends well into the face. I love using this around my brow bone and above my cheek bones. The packaging is funny and gorgeous, however I do dislike the blending sponge tip built on the bottom. I do not use the sponge tip due not only hygiene reasons, but also I prefer to use my finger tips to really blend the highlighter into my skin well (avoiding that Edward Cullen glow!).

Eye products:

- For my eyebrows I use MAC's angled 263 brush with MUA's single eye shadow in Chestnut (£1). I fill in my eyebrows with the shadow, and then define and elongate them using Rimmel's Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown (£2.99).

MAC Pro Longwear in Soft Ochre £15.50


This nude coloured Paint Pot is ideal for under eye shadow. The flesh colour does not interfere with any eye shadow's colouring, whilst priming and prolonging the wear of shadow. I started using these when I was about 14, so 6 years later (and many empty pots of Soft Ochre) I still maintain this is the best primer over any other out there. I use a small concealer brush to apply it on my lid, blending it in with a tapered eye shadow blending brush.

MAC Pigment in Vanilla £17


I did a review on this pigment a month or so ago, but this is a fab product! I use it over the whole lid and up to under the eyebrow after using the paint pot. I then apply a white/light shadow in the corner of the eye, the pigment helps to seamlessly blend all the colours together.

MAC Cool Neutral Palette £65


Nudes and browns are the way to go! This palette is very pigmented and I love the browns included. I tend to stick to a boring/basic/easy brown smoky eye, how boring/safe am I!? I use this alot due to the sturdiness of the palette mainly, I find the Naked or the Too Faced Palettes too clunky and risky to take out and about. This palette feels secure and is lightweight.

Benefit They're Real mascara £19.50


I believe this is either my 3rd or 4th tube of They're Real. I tended to stick to Clinique's High Impact mascara before, but this really helps my naturally short and stubborn eyelashes. I do not believe Roller Lash will ever hold such a place in my heart, the length and curl of my lashes are lost after hours. I never find this to be the case with They're Real, holding the length and curl all day, making it a staple and vital product for my day to day look.


Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink £18


It always looks better when the eye is lined to finish the smoky eye look in my opinion. I pair a nice bit of liner on my lid with mascara to create the illusion of a longer eyelash. I apply this with Real Technique's fine liner brush (not that awful silicone RT one they do...yuck!).

Lip products:

MAC Dazzle Glass in Coral (part of 2014 Holiday collection set)


Pretty basic when it comes to my everyday lip, I tend to save lipstick for the summer or occasional wear. Wearing a light layer of gloss is ideal for me, not to OTT for my seminars! I love MAC's Dazzle Glass in Coral from the 2014 Holiday collection sets. It's not too sticky in regards to hair getting stuck, but Manchester's wind means everything is 10x worse than most places!

Carmex Lip Balm in Jasmine Green Tea (£2.69)


Carmex is my life! I religiously apply the cherry scented one normally, but after spotting this on offer for £1.79 in Superdrug I jumped! I adore green tea, and it smells like green tea smells like very subtly. Carmex mends my chewed up lips which I cannot stop biting (someone help me!).

..............................................

What are your essential go-to products? Let me know by writing a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. wowww you have so much in you makeup back.

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/manisha-anwari-13523315

    ReplyDelete