Monday 9 March 2015

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Contour Kit!!


Having received this last week I stated I would give it a try out and write up a post about my experiences with it. I love how sleek and fancy this packaging is, with the pouch cover and all. I think that for $40 (£27 approx.) it is great value, not for £40 though...

  (L-R: Vanilla, Banana, Sand. Bottom row: Java, Fawn, Havana)

So inside you get 6 different shade powders, immediately I noticed the fine milled powder highly pigmented. This palette is perfect for beginners and experts in the contouring field! The versatile nature of this kit makes it a staple for everyone to own, I whole heartedly believe we should all get one!

Swatches:

(L-R: Java, Fawn, Havana, Vanilla, Banana, Sand)

Highlights of each shade:

Vanilla - This matte highlighter is amazing, I love to use this under my eyes not only to set my concealer but also brighten them up.

Banana - Probably the most appreciated powder in this set by the whole beauty community. Really works well to tone down any redness on the face.

Sand - This shade is shimmery, making it ideal for cheekbones and the forehead.

Java - A very light contour shade, I believe this would work best with paler and lighter complexions.

Fawn - The best contour shade. This cool toned matte bronzer gives you that Kardashian look. The bronzer is probably so flexible that it is suited to most skin tones.

Havana - A very warm toned bronzer. Use carefully or you could end up looking like you need a bath!

  

 Overall:
  1.  It's gorgeous and easy to use.
  2. The packaging is sleek and stunning.
  3. A nice variety of cool/warm toned shades.
  4. Removable pans so that you can restock it.
  5. Decent price (IF you buy it from the US).
  6. Expensive if bought in Europe.
  7. Flip top box can be flimsy when travelling.
  8. No mirror inside.
So what do you think? Will you be purchasing this/have you already purchased this?
Let me know in the comment section what your opinions are!



3 comments:

  1. Hi honey! I loved your blog! I guess you're a makeup addict like me! C:
    Totally oved it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lovely :)

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Head over to my blog for the details :)

    Happy Friday!
    Georgia x

    http://thelittlepinkblogofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) xx
    http://fullofgeek.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete