Sunday 1 March 2015

Sephora haul



I love a bit of make-up shopping, and the idea of shopping at Sephora is my idea of not only getting my hands on a bargain but also the opportunity to buy products not available in the UK. So I jumped at the idea that my father was travelling to New York on business and the chance to order a few products. 


The first thing I chose was the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Contour Kit, I was amazed by the idea of a decently pigmented contour palette for a good price. What slightly annoys me is that due to its exclusivity and rarity in the UK websites like Cult Beauty seem to think its acceptable to charge £39! Bare in mind in the US it retails for $40!! Total rip-off! I will review this in a separate post as I haven't had too much chance to use it yet!


Next up was the Smashbox Try It Kit as I never really gave much glance to this brand over the likes of Benefit and MAC. Everyone seems to rave about the photo primer - for $18 I thought why not?


Like with the contour palette, I have had no time to myself to try out or review this set yet. I briefly tried the shadow primer the other day, immediately deciding that whilst it was long lasting... it was not comparable to MAC's paintpots.


And of course... I just had to make a sneaky Kat Von D purchase, due to not being able to get it here! I picked the liquid lipstick in Bachelorette which is a hot pink-red shade. It was quite a risk at $18 (I think?) considering Sephora own brand had cheaper $11 versions. I have tried it on once to experiment with it, I noticed it was very long lasting and easy to apply.


As I was browsing the sale section I spotted a gel liner for $5 down from $18! Quickly looking up the reviews I realised it was a pretty well respected product. I justified this with my almost empty Bobbi Brown gel liner, the price difference being massively different.


The thing I love about American websites is the freebies they offer. I used to get excited over Debenhams free 'deluxe' samples that came free when you purchases 1 or 2 Benefit products etc... Upon realising just how many samples US sites offer I felted a bit offended that we don't get that here in the UK. Roller Lash samples were available in Elle magazine, but a) I don't ever read Elle and b) I refuse to pay for a magazine I won't read just for a sample. So when I saw Sephora was offering a free sample I jumped at it, curious to determine whether the mascara really is good (or bad) like some blogs state.


......................................

And a UK purchase! The hyped Revolution Beyond Flawless 32 eye shadow palette!


For £6 and 32 shades of decently pigmented shadow is pretty hard to turn down! I don't really understand why Revolution's website offers the palette at £8 and Superdrug at £6... stumped for reasons as to why, but hey ho... I've swatched some of this palette and I'm content with it so far, I do love a good bargain palette (MUA palettes becoming a staple in my everyday travel kit).

So I am left with some new goodies to try out and review in the next week! Hope you all had a good weekend!


4 comments:

  1. you're so lucky to have a Sephora! we don't :( but we do have a Mecca Cosmetica which is somewhat similar but still not the same. I think we are getting a Sephora but it's in Syndey, Australia whereas I live in Adelaide, Australia. So still no Sephora for me -_-

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had sephora! Luckily my father was in his US office so I could buy them! Debenhams is normally my place to go but having a sephora would be very convenient!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I have the KVD Lippie in bachelorette too, and i adore it. Outlaw is my fave of hers though, a bright classic red! Great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really found it hard to decide between them all! I will def have to expand my collection, particularly the bauhau5 shade!

      Delete