Saturday 7 March 2015

Ebay 10 piece brush set!


Hello! The rare glimpse of sun has appeared in the north of England today! The blue skies are a reminder of the coming summer months: which excites me greatly.

I ordered some cheap brushes from an Ebay seller last week for £6.89, arriving 2 days later! In search of some new flat top brushes (I've ruined my RT one with dreaded foundation!) I decided to try these out. Similar to the Jessup branded brushes all over Ebay, affordable and pretty. 



The brushes arrived in a basic brush bag with each brush individually wrapped in a plastic sleeve. I opted for the black/silver combination to match most of the MAC brushes I own, there are many colour combinations available (as you can see on the link). In the set there are 5 smaller versions of the bigger kabuki style brushes which can be used for precision on the face or on the eyes. I immediately washed the set and have not experienced any bleeding of colour or shedding as of yet...



As you can see from the picture above, you receive...

A round top angled brush - I find this good at applying blush or a light dusting of bronzer. I love how soft the brushes are, along with how softly it disperses powder onto my face.

A flat top brush - Perfect for applying foundation (the actual reason I bought the whole set initially anyway!), much like the beloved RT flat top brush included in the CORE collections set etc.. The denseness of the brush really allows for a flawless finish.

An angled flat top brush - can also be used for bronzer and blush, I would stay clear of using this to contour however... the brush is too thick to achieve sharper definition. I would say that this brush delivers a subtle to natural application.

A tapered brush - I love the look and feel of this one in my hand, but I find it hard to use and incorporate in my routine. Perhaps the tapered end will allow you to apply foundation in harder to reach areas like around the nose and eyes? A shame as it's a really lovely looking and feeling brush... I just have no use for it yet.

A round top brush - Useful for foundation as well or working powder into the face in small amounts. As you can see below this brush is probably nice to apply mineral foundation rather than whole face powder (pity as I don't ever use mineral foundation...).



Anyway, on to the smaller brushes!



So here are the smaller versions of the larger brushes, with slightly longer handles.

Flat top brush - Not a stand out brush of the set, useful for applying small amounts of powder to concentrated areas.

Round top brush -  A good fluffy brush, ideal for soft blending of eye shadow over the lid.

Angled flat top brush - I don't find much use for this brush, the sharp angle makes it hard to create a nice soft blend. I'd opt for the rounded angle brush over this one any day!

Angled round top brush - I prefer this one greatly to the angled version, the rounded angle makes it softer and easier to blend eye shadow.

Tapered brush - The star of the five! Really fantastic at blending and use on the crease line! Super soft and sturdy!



I already love these brushes to pieces! For under £7 and UK delivery you cannot say no to these! After reading a few reviews I feared the awful chemical smell everyone warned about, but these brushes had no such smell at all! Some bloggers also stating that the glue holding the brushes to the handles is naff, though all the babies in my set were firmly stuck!


I cannot recommend these lovely cheap and soft brushes enough! A nice addition to my over growing brush set! I have heard these are great dupes for Sigma brushes, I'm not really fussed about dupes... if I want a brush I will go buy that brand regardless. But it is an idea of how positive the beauty community view this set of 10 brushes!

I hope you're all having a fab weekend and enjoying the beginnings of spring time!

No comments:

Post a Comment